Distributed Training w/ AWS Batch MNP + Deepspeed + EFA + Habana Gaudi
This lab requires ability to create VPC, Subnets, AWS Batch Environment and Access to Elastic Container Registry.
In this workshop, you learn how to use AWS Batch and in particular the Multi Node Parallel jobs to launch large scale containerized training jobs on Fully Managed clusters:
- Create a VPC with subnets to launch fully managed instances for the training workload.
- Create a shared file system (EFS) to share data between the instances
- Setup a Launch template to automatically mount the File Systems into the instances launched in the setup
- Create an AWS Batch Compute Environment and queue to Launch instances based on the launch template
- Create an Elastic Container Registry with the containerized large scale training based on PyTorch + DeepSpeed + EFA + Gaudi accelerators (HPU)
- Create a Multi Node Parallel Job Definition to automatically launch multiple containers on the instances that can communicate with each other during the training process.
- Run multi-node, multi-HPU data parallel training of a large scale natural language understanding model using the PyTorch + DeepSpeed
** Steps 1, 2, 3 for the Gaudi Accelerator is identical to the GPU and has been replicated here for completeness **